Building Inspector: Ted Henry
Inspection Line: 810-635-4433
Back-up Inspector: Dean Henry
Coordinator: Celeste Sywyk
Electrical Inspector: Joe Genovesi
Mechanical/Plumbing: Merle E. West II
Hour & Inspection Days:
Building Department Office Hours:
Monday thru Friday, 9:00am – 5:00 pm
(Before or after hours by appointment)
Building Inspections Days:
Monday – Friday
Electrical – Tuesday and Thursdays
Mechanical and Plumbing – Wednesdays
All inspections are required to be called in by 9am on the day the inspection is needed.
Permits Are Required as Follows:
- (All construction that will encroach on setbacks must include a plot plan and Zoning Permit Application)
- All new residences, accessory buildings over 200 sq. ft., pools, decks, signs, remodels, additions, and structural changes require a building permit.
- All new residential construction requires a Soil Erosion Permit or Waiver prior to making Building permit application.
- Applications are available at Genesee County Water & Waste Services (810) 732-7870, or on the GCW&W website. Soil Erosion Application
- (All construction that will encroach on setbacks must include a plot plan)
- All accessory structures under 200 sq. ft., agricultural use only building and fences require a zoning permit.
Trade Permits (Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing):
- Clayton Township Building Department also issues and inspects all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits for this jurisdiction. As of November 17, 2003,
Clayton Township began tracking, permitting, and inspection of all of the trades in-house, directly out of this office.
Sewer & Water Inspection Permits:
- The Clayton Township Building Department Plumbing Inspector inspects new sewer and water installations and alterations as it pertains to the connection between the curb box and the meter. These inspections require a sewer & water inspection permit.